We define the User's personal data as any data about the User that can be used to identify them as an individual, directly or indirectly.
A registered User has constant access to their personal data and can change and update it at any point, as well as request a detailed report on personal data processing in PDF or CSV format via their account settings.
The Cacti & Succulent Store Administration does everything in its capacity to protect personal data, and guarantees that personal data is processed solely within the boundaries of the platform for service provision purposes and will not be processed without the User's full consent, nor will it be shared with any third parties, except for the Google and Yandex external analytics services, designed to assess site traffic and analyze User behavior, or in cases when personal data must be disclosed, upon legally justified demand, to state bodies and structures authorized to handle personal data.
Cacti & Succulent Store prohibits the registration of Users under 13 years of age without written consent from their parents or guardians. The platform uses any and all software tools available to discover and automatically block unauthorized underage Users. Nevertheless, none of the solutions available today are 100% guaranteed to eliminate the risk of such unauthorized access. Therefore, if you are a parent or guardian and know that your child has shared their personal data with the platform without your consent, please contact the Administration.
List of personal data that we process:
- first name;*
- last name;*
- company name;
- personal, business, delivery, billing address (the User must specify at least one);*
- email address;*
- social media account data;
- phone number.
Note: mandatory profile fields are marked with an *.
Aside from the above, our server also uses cookie file processing technology. A cookie is a small data fragment sent by a web server and stored on the User's device. Whenever a web client (usually a web browser) tries to open a website's page, it sends this data fragment back to the web server in order to properly identify the User, save their custom settings, track their session status, etc. Most modern web browsers let Users customize their settings for accepting cookies, but blocking cookies entirely on the User's side can severely limit website functionality, up to causing complete inoperability and access denial.
- A Guest is a User that has not been previously registered and/or has not logged into their account.
- When in Guest mode, users can view products and website content and sign up for the newsletter, but they cannot make purchases.
- Such Guest mode restrictions are first and foremost motivated by safety concerns as well as by the fact that the User needs to provide their contact information in order to make an order and have it processed and shipped.
- Registration is a quick, one-time procedure that is as simple as possible and allows the User to use the full range of their account's functionality in working with the Cacti & Succulent Store platform with ease.
- Registration requires a valid email address the User has constant access to. If this condition is not met, the registration process will be impossible to complete.
- Please Note! While the Cacti & Succulent Store project is affiliated with the CactusLove information resource, the two are not integrated, therefore, one site's account credentials cannot be used for logging onto the other. Each project has its own registration procedure, and the respective accounts are separate and do not overlap. That said, the User can enter the same credentials for registering on both projects if they so choose.
- A Client is a User that has been previously registered and has logged into their account.
- The Client can manage the settings of their account, make purchases, track their order status, send inquiries about the product purchased, leave reviews, edit their list of their favorite Sellers, and more.
- The Client cannot create more than one account, abuse the review system in order to artificially inflate or lower a product's rating, violate the transaction terms set by the Seller, or deliberately add products to their shopping cart with no intention to check them out and pay for them.
- For violations of the rules listed above, the Client's account can be temporarily suspended for up to six months. In the event of repeated and regular violations, the account will be deleted permanently, without the possibility to restore or access it in the future.
- The Cacti & Succulent Store does not charge the Client any fees for carrying out purchase transactions and does not bear any responsibility for any potentially dishonest or irresponsible behavior (resulting in damage or extra expenses) on the part of the Seller or any third parties, such as delivery services, customs officials, etc. Users are advised to report any negative experiences with the aforementioned behavior in the dedicated section of the CactusLove forum.
- A Seller is a Client that has received the Administrator's approval (authorization) to create a Seller account. Requests to create such an account can be submitted at the registration stage or later, by choosing the «Become a Seller» option.
- A Seller account is a Client account with expanded functionality that allows the Seller to manage the settings of their store, add and edit products, accept and process orders, and more.
- Once they submit a request for a Seller account, the Seller cannot create more than one account or violate, in part or in full, the terms of the «Agreement».
- For violations of the rules listed above, the Seller's account can be temporarily suspended for up to six months. In the event of repeated, habitual violations, the account will be deleted permanently, without the possibility to restore it or access it in the future.
- The Cacti & Succulent Store does not charge the Seller any fees for carrying out sales transactions and does not bear any responsibility for any potentially dishonest or irresponsible behavior (resulting in damage or extra expenses) on the part of the Client or any third parties, such as delivery services, customs officials, etc. Users are advised to report any negative experiences with the aforementioned behavior in the dedicated section of the CactusLove forum.
This «Agreement» is a public offer, and its terms are identical for all Sellers registered at the Cacti & Succulent Store. By consenting to the terms listed below, the Seller undertakes to comply with them in full, without any reservations or exceptions. The act of reading and accepting this document during account registration constitutes full and unconditional consent to its terms. If, for any reason, the Seller does not agree with the terms below, the Administration asks them to leave this website.
Product Listing Terms and Restrictions:
- The Seller must accurately provide the Client with all the necessary information about themselves, the product offered for sale, the payment options available, the duration of order processing and completion, shipping methods, etc.
- The Seller must ensure that the product they are providing to the Client is of sufficient quality, fully matches its description, and is packaged appropriately so as to prevent damage during shipping (except for those products that do not require packaging due to their nature, this usually applies to various virtual online products). The Seller shall not bear any responsibility for any actions on the part of third parties (delivery services, customs officials, etc.) resulting in damage or extra expenses, provided that the Seller informs the Client of the associated risks on their page or in the product description.
- The Seller cannot list their products in inapplicable categories, except for cases in which the product (such as a seed catalog, a product combo, etc.) belongs to two or more categories at the same time. In all other cases, the «one product - one category» principle is must be adhered to.
- The Seller must not offer Clients the purchase of plants from the genus Lophophora (including all species and cultivars of this genus) or promote them implicitly under a different name. Furthermore, the Seller shall not sell any literature describing the methods of growing these plants or using them to make illegal drugs.
- The Seller must not offer Clients the purchase of plants that have been harvested in the wild. Furthermore, the Seller's page must not contain any advertisements of any online resources that sell such plants.
Fees and Services
The Cacti & Succulent Store platform is absolutely free for all buyers and for small Sellers - that is, Sellers whose stock does not exceed the limits set in the free service plan (up to 10 products for sale at the same time). For all other Sellers, the platform offers three fee-based service plans that allow for maximum online sale cost-effectiveness.
In this age of e-commerce, every Seller ought to be aware that running an online store requires buying a domain name and paying for server space (and that a large store is likely to require an entire dedicated server). These are the primary expenses, ranging from $20 to $70 per month, and it is prudent to consider them well in advance before creating an e-commerce platform. Furthermore, the expenses listed above do not include compensation for the time (either one's own time or an employee's time) required to create and maintain an online store and oversee development and security, which is much more expensive than server space - expert service fees start at $50 per hour.
The Cacti & Succulent Store concept is simple: you focus on selling while we handle the rest!
You won't have to buy a domain name or pay for server space, you won't have to hire a developer and a system administrator for your project. All you'll need to do is to choose the optimal service plan and organize your business accordingly. The main advantage of this solution is the reduction in overall costs and the resulting efficiency boost for your online store. Even the most expensive service plan does not cost more than a cheap hosting service that only has the capacity for supporting a small online store, and the least expensive service plan will barely have an impact on your budget. Regardless of which service plan you choose, you will be able to run a full-fledged, optimally efficient online store, with all the essential tools. We must note that if your sales are seasonal, you won't have to worry about paying extra when your store is idling. Simply purchase a service plan for the specific period that you will need to sell all of your stock. You can spend the rest of the time on hiatus, with no extra cost until next season.
Each service plan has two payment options: monthly payments, which are perfect for seasonal sales, and annual payments, allowing you to save 15%. You can select and activate a service plan via your account settings. Payment is made through PayPal.
Do you own a physical store and want to promote it? Or are you planning an event that you would like our website's visitors to know about? The Cacti & Succulent Store will be happy to share a photo of your store or event, opening hours, and other information in Our partners section. This feature is fee-based. To discuss details and request a promotion, please contact our Administration.
The Cacti & Succulent Store platform is currently in the final testing stage, no payments for this period are required.